Friday 9 April 2010

Night and Day....a tale of two balms

Night and day:

I have been using 2 very different glosses this past month.
The 1st is Bourjois Baume de Nuit. Night Lip Balm in Rose Nacre
Its basically a tinted lip balm that boasts to restore lips to lovelyness while you sleep.
I have even on one occassion put it on my cuticles as my hand cream was left at work (shame on me!).
Its a nice subtle pink colour that gives the lips a lovely sheen but has no flavour to it.
It has a soft texture and smells wonderful. It leaves my lips ever so soft and is very moisturising.
It retails for around £3.99 in most makeup shops i.e Superdrug and it should last a while as a little goes a long way. I have not seen this product on the Bourjois website or any shops in any other colour.


































The second is a Next branded product called Sweet Mango moisturising lip balm.
This is also a 7g pot and retails for £1.50. It has a counterpart namely Sweet Strawberry.
In my opinion the Mango is the best scent and flavour of the two. The strawberry flavour is a little overpowering in its sickly sweetness. The mango is divine and conjours up images of desert islands and tropical getaways.


I have used both brands over the last few weeks and although they are both very similar in likeness they are worlds apart in terms of how they make my lips feel.
The Next gloss looks great on lips but tends to wear off after a short while - but im not opposed to reapplying with its tempting scent everytime i open the lid. Other than looking pretty it hardly keeps my lippies soft.
The Bourjois is doing an excellent job in keeping my pout in tip top condition while i get my beauty zzzz....but does not give any glossyness. (as i am asleep)
But by the by the Bourjois is for nighty night and the Next is for daytime and in their own right they fit their own purpose.
Im definatley going to purchase the 2 brands again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails